Friday, 22 November 2013

Different Fonts for Masthead

Originally I had three name ideas for the masthead of my magazine.During my prezi presentation I asked my class on what masthead to use. The majority of the class chose Diverse and Volume, and picked the second font. 
I then decided to stick to the name Diverse. I chose this because it represents my magazine and who it is for. I want people from all different races and ethnicities to read my magazine. It's all about diversity so I think that this masthead it suitable. 

I wasn't happy with the font styles. I felt that if I chose number, it might look our of place and to in your face. So then I decided to choose a bold font that is simple and easy to read. I ended up choosing 'ARIAL' and a large font size. I have also decided to choose the colour Red. This shows a sense of seriousness and the content within this magazine is real and serious. I wanted to also create a sort of edgy look. The magazine needs to look prim and proper. Red will go well with the black and white image that I will use on the cover. 






No comments:

Post a Comment